Location: Catalyst Inc., Bay Road, L'Derry, BT48 7TG
Time: 9.30 - 16:30
Paediatric First Aid- Who should attend?
This Paediatric First Aid is for anyone who is wishing to work in an environment with young children, for example, see below:
- Day nurseries
- Private nursery schools
- Those who work in before and after school clubs for children in the early years age group
- Carers of children at home.
Paediatric First Aid- What will I learn?
This Paediatric First Aid at Work course covers the following:
- Allergic reaction
- Bites and stings
- Bone, joint and muscle injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Child and baby resuscitation (CPR)
- Childhood conditions
- Choking baby
- Choking child
- Communication and casualty care
- Eye injuries
- Foreign objects
- Head injuries
- Heat and cold extremes
- Low blood sugar
- Managing an emergency
- Minor and severe bleeding
- Poisons and what to do if someone has been poisoned
- Role of the first aider (including knowledge of health and safety regulations)
- Spinal injuries
- Unresponsive baby
- Unresponsive child
How long does the course last?
This course lasts over two days.
How will I be assessed?
The trainer will assess you through a practical and written assessment.
Will I receive a Paediatric First Aid certificate?
Yes, you will receive a Global Horizon Skills Certificate which lasts 3 years.
How much do I pay?
The cost of this course is £110+VAT
Are there any other courses?
Yes, check out our other First Aid courses that we offer here: https://ghskills.com/courses/
You can also contact us on 028 8225 6772 for more information.
Click BOOK NOW below to book onto this course