Location: Catalyst Inc., Bay Road, Derry/Londonderry, BT48 7TG
Time: 09:30 - 16:30
Date: 30th July
The Designated Safeguarding Officer course is for anyone who is responsible for receiving concerns about the safety and welfare of children and vulnerable adults. The course will also help you gain the skills to act appropriately and confidently to protect the children you work with in a designated child safeguarding role.
• Role and responsibility of the designated officer
• Key legislation and guidance
• Steps the organisation needs to take to protect vulnerable adults/children
• Respond effectively to a child, family, staff and authorities during the disclosure process
• Training staff to manage concerns within and outside the organisation
• Make appropriate decisions about the action to take when informed of a concern about a vulnerable adult/child
• Understand what happens following a referral
• The recording and sharing of information, and confidentiality
• The emotional support for staff
• Development of policy and procedures
This course has been designed for you if you have a duty of care towards vulnerable adults, children and/or babies.
You will complete the course within 6 hours.
Yes, Global Horizon Skills will provide you with a Designated Safeguarding Officer Certificate on completion of this course.
The cost of this course is £90+VAT
You can book below or if you want to check out our other Upcoming Courses, you can do so here: http://ghskills.com/category/upcoming-courses/