Introduction to Child Protection & Safeguarding
Aimed at anyone who comes into contact with children through their work, the course allows participants to gain a better understanding of safeguarding and the processes involved in child protection.
The programme content adheres to the recommended guidelines and standards set by the appropriate authorities.
Topics Covered Include
• Definitions of Abuse
• Facts about Child Abuse
• Signs & Symptoms of Abuse
• Legal Background
• Responsibility to Good Practice
• Codes of Conduct
• Accountability For Actions
• Responding to Disclosure
• Recording & Reporting Disclosure/Concerns
• Contacts for Local Authority Bodies
• Whistle Blowing & Other Policies
• Safe Guarding Yourself.