Location: Catalyst Inc., Bay Road, L'Derry, BT48 7TG
Time: 9:30am - 3:30pm
This 2 Day Paediatric First Aid course has been specially designed for those who have a duty of care towards children and babies.
What will I learn?
Training covers the following areas:
- Responsibilities of the Appointed Person
- Primary & Secondary Assessment
- Breathing Disorders including; Asthma, Drowning, Breath Holding, Croup, Inhalation of smoke and fumes
- Principles of Resuscitation
- Airway Obstruction on a conscious child, an unconscious child, a conscious baby, an unconscious baby
- Disorders of Circulation; Shock, Febrile convulsions, Anaphylaxis
- Head Injuries; Fractured Skull, Cerebral Compression, Bumps and lumps
- Childhood Disorders
- Wound and Bleeding
- and much more
Should I attend this Paediatric First Aid course?
Yes – if you work with children/babies or have a duty of care towards them. This course is designed for:
- Playgroup Leaders
- Baby Sitters
- Youth Workers
Is there an exam at the end?
No, you will be assessed by a practical assessment.
Will I receive a certificate?
Successful delegates receive a recognised Paediatric First Aid Certificate valid for 3 years.
How much does this course cost?
Where can I find out more about other Childcare courses?
Right here – in our Upcoming Courses Section.