We are offering a fantastic opportunity to join our dedicated team of professionals; we currently have a job vacancy for Essential Skills Tutors to deliver both Numeracy and Literacy within the Belfast and Antrim areas. The successful candidates should have access to transport and a full driving license as travelling will be a requirement.
If you are keen to promote Essential Skills in an enjoyable and interactive way; then we want to hear from you! There may also be a requirement to deliver ICT to students as well.
- Induct learner into qualification in line with qualifications induction checklist
- Identify learners’ needs in conjunction with initial assessment, diagnostic and PTP making use of results and provide appropriate support
- Assist in the design and preparation of materials, resources and information to be used in respect of programme delivery
- Carry out the delivery of individual or group training sessions using differentiated teaching and learning strategies in accordance with the schemes of work and lesson plans
- Carry out the assessment of candidate performance and portfolio assessment, and present portfolios when requested to both IV and EV, ensuring Awarding Body requirements are met at all times
- Carry out monitoring, guidance, support and mentoring of learners and take action as required.
- Carry out client centred progress reviews in conjunction with the PTP, engaging employers and learners
- Manage classroom behaviour and ensure issues are addressed
- Participate in planned observations in the classroom
All applicants must have: experience teaching Essential Skills, be recognised by the DfE and hold a relevant teaching qualification.
For details on how to apply please contact Kirsty@ghskills.com